About Amdahl's UTS

peterb at pbear.UUCP peterb at pbear.UUCP
Fri Mar 1 17:42:33 AEST 1985

/* Written  3:48 pm  Feb 27, 1985 by amdahl!amdca in pbear:net.unix */
>> > At least "amdahl" is an amdahl, unlike "pyramid", which is a vax.
>> > Hee hee.
>>
>> Sorry, but an amdahl is an ibm!
>
>Whoa, there, young fellah!  While Amdahl CPU's are 370 compatable,
>they are AIR-cooled and are faster than 370's.
>
>We don't just make IBM-compatible mainframes.  We make them better.
>
>Gordon A. Moffett               ...!{ihnp4,hplabs,sun}!amdahl!gam

	Uhh, last time I looked, IBM's "370 compatible mainframes" were
	air cooled. This include all of the 43XX series.

	Unless you want to tell me that IBM still produces 370 mainframes,
	I would have to say that your arguement just doesn't hold air :-)

					Peter Barada
					ima!pbear!peterb