Request info on Megadata 8300/7 UN*X micro

cpc at ames-nas.arpa cpc at ames-nas.arpa
Wed Apr 23 12:37:09 AEST 1986

Does anyone have any experience with Megadata computers? I just got a brochure
offering a 68000-based machine, 1Mb memory, 26 Mb Winchester, floppy, 2 serial
ports, and UniPlus+ System V, including most of the things some manufacturers
leave out. The strange part is that the price tag is very low: (Anyone
offended by price discussion, please don't read) thirty three hundred dollars,
quantity one, delivered. To me, that sounds low. Wasn't there a discussion
recently about there's no such thing as a computer that runs UN*X for under
$7000?

If anyone can help me learn more about this machine, please respond directly.
Any info about performance, reliability or completeness is appreciated.

Chuck Collins       ...{ihnp4,hplabs}!ames!amelia!cpc              cpc at ames-nas