PC UNIX/UNIX PC - which one do *you* like better?

gwyn at brl-smoke.UUCP gwyn at brl-smoke.UUCP
Mon Apr 21 12:29:13 AEST 1986

In article <286 at maynard.UUCP> campbell at maynard.UUCP (Larry Campbell) writes:
>...  Does Wendin supply a C compiler?  lint?  awk?  lex?  yacc?
>grep?  sed?  bc?  dc?  nroff?  troff?  eqn?  tbl?  find?  uucp?  at?
>crypt?  graph?  spline?  m4?  vi?  cal?  dd?  sh?  make?
>
>No, you say?  Then it is NOT UNIX!

I agree, but by that definition, AT&T doesn't sell UNIX in its
bare-bones package either ("sh" is about the only one that you
can expect to find).  This unbundling is, I think, designed to
make "UNIX" a viable base for running applications but doing
nothing else.  However, MY applications are going to expect
many of these utilities to be there, so it's a crock anyway.