Are these the disks for me?

Nancy Jensen jensen%uiowa.csnet at csnet-relay.arpa
Sat Apr 26 07:16:25 AEST 1986

We are in the process of upgrading our disk storage (long overdue).

We are a VAX11/780 4.2BSD system, planning to go to 4.3 this summer.  We
are considering a couple of possibilities. I would really appreciate some
"personal experience" feedback from anyone who has purchased the same drives
and controller for a comparable system.

The drives we are considering are:

  1. Fujitsu M2361 (Eagle XP) and Spectralogic 111+ controller
  2. CDC 9775 and Dilog DV215-2 controller.

I'm interested in answers to questions such as:

  -is a device driver available under 4.2?  4.3?
  -is DEC doing your maintenance
  -general opinions, etc.

As I said, ANY input would be GREATLY appreciated. Please mail direct.

Thanks,
Nancy Jensen
Computer Science Department
University of Iowa