regexp(3) - a request for a clear explanation

Dr. Megabyte megabyte at chinet.UUCP
Tue Aug 26 03:35:39 AEST 1986

I've poured myself over ny manual and looked at regcmp(1), regcmp(3), and
regexp(3), and I'm still not sure how to use these functions.  Could someone
send me some clear info on how to use these functions along with some examples?

For the record: I am running Zeus 3.21 which is SYS III port to those of you
who are fortunate to have never heard of it.
UUCP:	(1) seismo!why_not!scsnet!sunder		Mark E. Sunderlin
	(2) ihnp4!chinet!megabyte			aka Dr. Megabyte
CIS:	74026,3235					(202) 634-2529
Quote:	"When The Going Gets Tough, The Tough Go Shopping" (9-4 EDT)
Mail:	IRS  PM:PFR:D:NO  1111 Constitution Ave. NW  Washington,DC 20224