multiple uucp logins sharing uids and hard links to ttys

Mike Wescott wescott at sauron.UUCP
Tue Aug 12 00:31:05 AEST 1986

In article <564 at pyramid.UUCP> csg at pyramid.UUCP (Carl S. Gutekunst) writes:
> - HoneyDanBer (SVR2.4 (3B version) and SVR3) finds the user name the same way
>   that 4.2bsd does. It verifies the login against the Permissions file, and
>   sends "RLOGIN" when the name cannot be found. It's thus the most similar to
>   Ultrix of the UUCPs I've described here. In addition, HDB will validate the
>   remote hostname if the /usr/lib/uucp/remote.unkown file exists and is
>   executable ("NOSTRANGERS" mode).

Additionally, the SVr3 version permits a "-u username" argument to uucico.  This
permits you to override the username checks.  It is particularly useful when the
uucico will not be attached to a terminal when invoked, i.e. for an ethernet
connection.

	-Mike Wescott
	ncrcae!wescott
--