DG MV1000/Unix mail compatibility question

Rod Hart hart at cp1.UUCP
Fri Feb 7 07:52:30 AEST 1986

Has anyone successfully integrated a Data General MV1000 into a Unix
or VMS shop? I am being asked to join the rest of my company's upper
and middle  managers on the Corporate AOS which happens to be a Data
General MV1000 running CEO under AOS/VS. My District operate and main-
tain 150+ Dec and AT&T Unix based Operation Support Systems and uses
a PDP 11/70 as the Administrative hub of all activity. Should I move
to a foreign (incompatible) system for electronic mail, I would not
beable to communicate with my subordinates without having a second
terminal installed in my office. To make things worst, my subordinates
are scattered across three states and the District of Columbia. Is
this situation as hopeless as it seems? Any suggestions, recommendation,
or sympathy would be appreciated. Thanks!