Advanced Programmer's Guide to UNIX System V

Larry Rogers lrr at princeton.UUCP
Sat Feb 1 04:23:13 AEST 1986

The book ``The Advanced Programmer's Guide to UNIX System V'' by Rebecca
Thomas, Lawrence Rogers (me), and Jean Yates has been available since early
November and has currently sold around 4200 copies.  Because of the volume
sold, the publisher, Osborne/McGraw-Hill is considering another printing.
I would like to know a few things from those who read this news group:

	1. Have you purchased or looked at the book and what are your
	   impressions?

	2. What errors have you found that should be corrected for another
	   printing?

	3. If I can strike a deal with Osborne/McGraw-Hill, should I submit the
	   source code for the examples to mod.sources, that is, if the net
	   believes this to be ethical?

For those who have not yet seen the book, please do if you have an
opportunity.  Much thanks to all who respond, though by mail please.

Larry Rogers
Princeton University
Department of Computer Science
Engineering Quadrangle Building, Room C334
Princeton, NJ 08544

UUCP:	princeton!lrr
CSNET:	lrr%princeton at CSnet-relay
PHONE:	609 452 6483