Need more slots for a SUN2..

fujiirm at rpics.UUCP fujiirm at rpics.UUCP
Sat Feb 1 07:07:43 AEST 1986

*** REMOVE THIS LINE WITH YOUR EDITOR ***

I am trying to add more cards to a SUN2/120 than the case is
currently capable of supporting (3).  As far as I can see, there
are 2 alternatives:

1) Get a card-cage and move everything from the pedestal into the cage.
   This is expensive, and seems to be a lot of trouble.
2) Get an extender card.  This is cheaper, but poses possible additional
   problems, namely power and noise.

In either case, a new power supply must be acquired since the PS in the
SUN is insufficient to drive all the boards.

Has anyone done something like this, or know of a good solution to this
problem?

Thanks in advance.
--
Roger Fujii