Unix on top of/in parallel with other operating systems

Craig Wylie craig at dcl-cs.UUCP
Fri Feb 21 22:04:43 AEST 1986

In article <172 at cybavax.UUCP> laurie at cybavax.UUCP (Laurie Moseley) writes:

>		Unix running under other operating systems
>		------------------------------------------
>
>	We need to plan for either 2 machines, or one machine which will run
>two operating systems in parallel or one on top of the other. We have heard
>many informal reports of two operating systems at the same time on one machine,
>but so far have not been able to obtain any hard reports of performance.

The IBM operating system VM allows multiple operating systems to
co-exist on a single machine. I have heard talk that UNIX is available
(rumor only) as an OS for VM.

Craig.

--
UUCP:	 ...!seismo!mcvax!ukc!dcl-cs!craig| Post: University of Lancaster,
DARPA:	 craig%lancs.comp at ucl-cs 	  |	  Department of Computing,