Control C and the Pyramid

Elaine Richards booter at lll-crg.ARpA
Tue Feb 11 15:22:22 AEST 1986

I am a student at Cal State Hayward, which doesn't get a news feed yet.
They have a Pyramid (I don't have numbers etc.,but can probably get them).
The durned thing is not responding to control C. I contacted the site
administrator and asked him if our termcaps were OK (Telerays - ICK).

The man responded that it has to do with jobs not ending/stopping
when people log out. You can have stopped jobs on it and logout by typing
logout twice. He referred to it as a 'signalling' problem.

If you have any ideas what this is, I'd love to hear them. I am not
incredibly up UNIX (yet - I had to waste my brain on almost irrelevant
prerequisites for 3 years) so keep it simple.

You can reply on the net (I subscribed just for this) or by mail to me
at two different places....

lll-crg!booter  or lll-crg!csuh!booter

Remember keep it simple (do YOU accept the challenge?).

Thanks in advance

*****
PS The termcaps are OK. I get the same problem on several terminals.