2.9 and the pro350

Jamie Evans jle at ncsu.UUCP
Wed Feb 12 01:58:54 AEST 1986

	We are trying to get some form of TCP/IP
running on our DEC pro350's.  We have the Digital
Ethernet controller for the pc's and had intended
on running VENIX V2.0 because of information we
were given on their support of TCP/IP.  Now that
V2 is on the market, it does not support that
protocol.  Digital informed use to look at 'fusion',
but futher investigation showed us that they support
V2 of VENIX, but with the 3com controller.
	I heard at USENIX in Denver, that a few
folks were trying to port Berkley UNIX 2.9 to a
pro350 and run that version of TCP/IP.
	Has anyone more information reguarding
that possibility?  We are running 4.2 on a 780 and
would like to net the pro's together but hoped that
we could find some way to use the controllers that
were already purchased.
	If the port of 2.9 is possible, is there a
driver available for the DEC controller?
	Any additional information or enlightenment
would be greatly appreciated.

	Please mail responses to me.

	Thanks in advance.

	-Jamie Evans-