Unix Benchmarking

STUDENTS cssd at cheviot.uucp
Sat Feb 1 02:46:03 AEST 1986

We are a group of postgraduate students studying for an MSc who have been
assigned a group project to evaluate a whole range of Unix machines from
mainframes down to workstations.

We are looking for references to work on benchmarking Unix systems, and
are also interested in standard benchmark programs and results. We already
have a copy of the Dhrystone benchmark which was posted to the net some time ago.

Please mail us anything of relevance and we'll summarise to the net.

Thank you.

Jim Lyons,
CSSD student,
Computing Laboratory,
University of Newcastle upon Tyne,
Newcastle upon Tyne,
ENGLAND NE1 7RU

UUCP ...!ukc!cheviot!cssd
ARPA cssd%cheviot.newcastle at ucl-cs.ARPA
JANET cssd at uk.ac.newcastle.cheviot