Help! Need Z80 PASCAL and Assembler on UNIX

byron at octopus.UUCP byron at octopus.UUCP
Wed Jul 16 12:36:20 AEST 1986

[Line-eater fodder]

I am looking for a PASCAL cross-development environment for the Z80 running
under UNIX System V.  I need to put it up on a Stride Micro, so I probably
need source.  Hopefully, the price will be under $10K, but I will look at
anything up to about $30K (cough, cough :-).

I need the following tools:

(1) PASCAL compiler. Hopefully more-or-less ISO standard.
(2) Macro Assembler. If it's compatible with Microsoft M80, that would be
    wonderful, but not required.
(3) Linker.  Must be able to link PASCAL and Assembler output together.
    Also, I need enough overlay support to set up overlays -- I can write
    the routines to swap them in and out of memory.

I had sort of assumed that there would be a number of companies out there
that had done this for UNIX, but I can't find them.  Seems that PASCAL
Z80 cross-compilers are rare.

ANY LEADS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.