Whatever happened to S-1?

perl at rdin.UUCP perl at rdin.UUCP
Wed Jul 16 04:24:59 AEST 1986

I remember a few years ago reading about this "great" new operating
system called S-1 that was supposed to blow away UNIX and everything
else.  I saw ads for it and read about it on the net.  It was
supposed to be available for a given number of machines with
more ports planned.  Whatever became of it?  I haven't heard
a word about it in years.  Was it really a hoax as some claimed?
Someone once said that for S-1 to have everything it claimed
they would have to have been raising programmers from birth for
this project.

Robert Perlberg
Resource Dynamics Inc.
New York