Console hangs on Vax 780 4.2BSD

mangler at cit-vax.UUCP mangler at cit-vax.UUCP
Wed Jul 16 17:37:55 AEST 1986

In article <2879 at sdcrdcf.UUCP>, davem at sdcrdcf.UUCP (David Melman) writes:
> Sometimes this 'hung-console' problem results in a crash with the following
> message on the console:
>
> ?UNEXPECTED TRAP

This happened to our 780 a while back.	The console LSI-11 would
take a trap, and need to be rebooted.  Of course rebooting the LSI-11
also reboots the KA780 that it controls.

The problem is that your LSI-11 is BROKEN.  I think in our case DEC
replaced the LSI-11's cpu board, but I'm not sure.  Call your friendly
field circus rep.

Don Speck	speck at vlsi.caltech.edu	seismo!cit-vax!speck