WANTED: Info on other Altos 68000 sites

leo at sunybcs.UUCP leo at sunybcs.UUCP
Tue Jul 1 01:32:18 AEST 1986

Hi,

Sorry to post this in net.unix, but I think I'll reach lots more people here
than in net.wanted. Flame me direct @ sunybcs!npdp1!leo .

I'm looking for another Altos 68000 site, mostly because I get the feeling
that mine may be the sole survivor and I need help that Altos seems reluctant
to give. What I need is someone who I can ask a question of upon occassion,
mostly about hardware upgrades and where to get useful info on what software
is available out in the world.

Has anybody out there upgraded the memory in one of these babies to 128k
or 256k chips?  Seems a shame to have to buy a multibus expansion just
for the sake of memory... I don't want to re-invent the wheel, either.

Barring some form of help, it sure would be nice to know that I'm not
the only one...

Thanks much,    -Leo
--
"There are two types of aircraft: Fighters and targets..."
Leo E. Wilson(leo at buffalo.csnet)	Niagara Paper Company