TS-11 Configuration Problem on 4.2BSD

Dan Ts'o dan at rna.UUCP
Thu Jul 24 06:29:12 AEST 1986

In article <2893 at sdcrdcf.UUCP> davem at sdcrdcf.UUCP (David Melman) writes:
>However, the DU142 has separate csr addresses for each tape drive.
>The first one is at csr 0172520, the second is at 0172526, ...
>which makes me believe the kernel can be fooled into perceiving
>the one controller as two.
>
>I have the kernel configured with one drive as the man page dictates:
>"controller zs0 at uba? csr 0172520 vector tsintr"
>"tape ts0 at zs0 drive 0"
>and the first tape drive works.
>
>How do I specify the second drive?
>
>I tried :
>"controller zs1 at uba? csr 0172526 vector tsintr"
>"tape ts1 at zs1 drive 0"
>and got a crash when accessing either device.

	Are you sure that 0172526 is correct ? I have two Kennedy drives on a
Dilog DU132 and the addresses are 0172520 and 0172524. I believe they should
be 0 mod 4.
	Also, of course, make sure the /dev entries and the cabling is correct.
With the Kennedy's, the cabling is run in parallel!, like a bus.

					Cheers,
					Dan Ts'o
					Dept. Neurobiology
					Rockefeller Univ.