Help wanted with Informix(tm) DBMS

Mark E. Sunderlin megabyte at chinet.UUCP
Sat Jul 12 04:19:53 AEST 1986

I would like some help with Relational Database Systems' data base product
called Informix.  What I would like to know is if anyone has found a way
to disable the escape to the shell feature of the perform data entry screens.

Also, is there anyway to disable this and any other perform fuction, "on the
fly".  In other words, what I would like to do is key off a value in a field
in order to grant ,for example, permission to update a record.

And finally, is there anyway I can use a "C" hook in perform to run another
program, and come back into perform and still have the screen look right
when I return to perform.

Besides the above, any comments, hints, tips, fixes, or patches anyone may
have for informix will be apriciated. If there is enough interest, I will
post a sumary to the net.

For the record: I run informix on an AT&T 3b2/400 with SYSVR2 and on a
Zilog Model 31 with Zeus 3.21.  On both machines I am running informix
version 3.30.12.

I have some ZEUS informix patches, such as those listed above, if anyone
is interested. By the way, does anyone know if RDS is on the net??

Informix and Perform are trademarks of RDS inc.
The opinions expressed herein are my own and do not reflect those of
the Internal Revenue Service or any other agency of the United States
Government. (A US Gov't disclaimer designed to protect the taxpayers
from their fellow taxpayers)
UUCP:	(1) seismo!why_not!scsnet!sunder		Mark E. Sunderlin
	(2) ihnp4!chinet!megabyte			aka Dr. Megabyte
CIS:	74026,3235					(202) 634-2529
Quote:	"I drank what? " - Socrates			   (9-4 EDT)
Mail:	IRS 1111 Constitution Ave. NW  PM:PFR:D:NO Washington, DC 20224