4.3 BSD distribution lacking console media?

kjd at ucbvax.UUCP kjd at ucbvax.UUCP
Thu Jul 17 02:05:32 AEST 1986

In article <806 at cit-vax.Caltech.Edu>, mangler at cit-vax.Caltech.Edu (System Mangler) writes:
> We don't seem to have gotten a boot floppy or boot cassette
> with our copy of 4.3bsd.  Has anyone else had this problem?
>
> Don Speck	speck at vlsi.caltech.edu	seismo!cit-vax!speck

If you are a new licensee of Berkeley Unix and pay $1000 you get the complete
kit including the console media.  If you are just upgrading from 4.2bsd to
4.3bsd and pay $600 you only get the tape and updated manuals.

However, the difference in price is not just the console media.
For new licensee Berkeley has to do more paper work, such as verify you are
actually licenced with AT&T.  This is where the extra cost is incured.

-Kevin