Info

Dan Smith SYSBDES%TCSVM.BITNET at WISCVM.WISC.EDU
Fri Jul 11 10:54:56 AEST 1986

     Since I'm a new wizard can some of the wiser wizards out there give
me some names of good reading material for unix internals.  I am trying
to tune a small unix system and it would be nice to have a idea what to
watch for and what system variables to peek at to monitor perf.  I only
have 'pstat' currently and I am trying to justify a disk upgrade due to
a 'possible' disk bottleneck.  pstat dosen't give enough info on phy disk
waits and cache hits etc..  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks
in advance.

ps: This is a no system source environment.  There in lies the rub..

Dan Smith (aka MadMan)
BITNET:     SYSBDES at TCSVM
ARPA:       SYSBDES%TCSVM.BITNET at WISCVM.WISC.EDU
UUCP:       ...psuvax1!tcsvm.bitnet!sysbdes
            real soon now !tu-pul!ludwig!ds
Ma Bell:    (504) 865-5631
Real Paper: Tulane University
            Tulane Computer Services