curses & ultrix

FSAC drears at ardec.arpa
Thu Jul 24 01:15:20 AEST 1986

We are running Ultrix 1.2 on a VAX 8600.  I am trying to compile a
a set of programs using curses.  Unfortunately Ultrix's curses
doesn't conform with SYSV or 4.2 BSD.
  The first problem I had was the defines of BOLD, DIM, etc was
missing from /usr/include/curses.h.  I had to redefine that file.
I also noticed that the structure element of win_attrs was changed to
win_flags (Probabably so DEC could say they made "major" changes to it)
The functions attron & attroff (in curses.h they are macros which are
mapped to wattron & wattroff) are missing.  I attempted to write
these functions but as I do not have source I can only guess at
this.  This is how these functions look:

/*  These functions are added on because ULTRIX
is a incomplete package */

wattron(win, att)
WINDOW *win;
int	att;
{
	win->_flags |= att;
}

wattroff(win, att)
WINDOW *win;
int	att;
{
	win->_flags &= ~att;
}

The attributes are defined as:

#define A_STANDOUT	0000200
#define A_UNDERLINE	0000400
#define A_REVERSE	0001000
#define A_BLINK		0002000
#define A_DIM		0004000
#define A_BOLD		0010000
#define A_NORMAL	0000000

	The programs now compile but when I run it It does not turn on
the attributes.  Can anyone provide insight into fixing this ?

	    Dennis