curses & ultrix

John P. Nelson jpn at teddy.UUCP
Fri Jul 25 02:07:25 AEST 1986

>We are running Ultrix 1.2 on a VAX 8600.  I am trying to compile a
>a set of programs using curses.  Unfortunately Ultrix's curses
>doesn't conform with SYSV or 4.2 BSD.
>  The first problem I had was the defines of BOLD, DIM, etc was
>missing from /usr/include/curses.h.

Well, while it is true that ULTRIX curses is not compatible with the
SYSV curses, it IS compatible with the 4.2BSD curses.  Unforunately,
the BSD curses does not have such things as BOLD, DIM, etc.  If you
were using BOLD or DIM on a 4.2 machine, it was because someone
ported the system V curses to it.

Just wanted to set the record straight.