Any decent Fortrans under Unix ? Which machine ?

kenward kenward at mdivax1.UUCP
Tue Mar 11 03:14:33 AEST 1986

Geoff Kuenning writes:

> ...The moral is that you should be careful, but you *can* find a decent fortran under Unix.
>
> 	Geoff Kuenning
> 	{hplabs,ihnp4}!trwrb!desint!geoff

The question is, where?  Myself and a number of others have posted requests
for information on a GOOD fortran compiler for unix.  A definite, useful
answer has yet to appear (at least, that I have not seen any).  I am checking
out the availability of VMS Fortran for unix, but even it is available (at a
reasonable cost) it is a *new* port, and considering the difficulty others
have had porting to unix, I have to be slightly pessimistic.
--

Gary W. Kenward
Mobile Data International Inc.

Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose!