Unix on top of/in parallel with other operating systems

Mark Weiser mark at umcp-cs.UUCP
Mon Mar 3 16:35:23 AEST 1986

In article <193 at dg_rtp.UUCP> meissner at dg_rtp.UUCP (Michael Meissner) writes:

>DG/UX runs native on the hardware, and supports full system V.2, as well as
>most of berkley 4.2.  It has only been out for 1 1/2 - 2 years, and so is
>still maturing.

You could have fooled me.  The C.S. Dept. here at maryland (where I work)
has an MV/10000 that DG has been trying to get DG/UX running on for the
past 6 months.  The latest holdup is ethernet-tcp/ip, without which the
machine is pretty useless to us.  We've had the machine a year and have
been able to do no work at all on it.  Not so good for an O.S. out for
1.5-2 years.
-mark
--
Spoken: Mark Weiser 	ARPA:	mark at maryland	Phone: +1-301-454-7817
CSNet:	mark at umcp-cs 	UUCP:	{seismo,allegra}!umcp-cs!mark