Unix on top of/in parallel with other operating systems

Steve Langdon sjl at amdahl.UUCP
Mon Mar 3 16:00:51 AEST 1986

In article <528 at ihdev.UUCP> pdg at ihdev.UUCP (55224-P. D. Guthrie) writes:

> > How about ethernet and TCP/IP?
> Be real -- this is SysV.  How about shared memory on your 4.2 machine?

UTS certainly is System V, but we do have an Ethernet driver in UTS/580.
For TCP/IP you might find that talking to Wollangong would be useful.

> My hat is off to Amdahl for this one!!

Thank you, we try to please.
--
Stephen J. Langdon                  ...!{ihnp4,cbosgd,hplabs,sun}!amdahl!sjl

[ The article above is not an official statement from any organization
  in the known universe. ]