Vi bug: multi-line abbrev w/ ai set

Todd C. Williams [Jedi Knight] yoda at ittatc.ATC.ITT.UUCP
Wed Mar 12 12:38:26 AEST 1986

I want to have an abbreviation that will print out the following 5 lines:

	main(argc,argv)
		int argc;
		char *argv[];
	{
	}

I want to put this is my .exrc file.  I have already set autoindent in this
file.  The problem is that, with autoindent set, multiline abbreviations
are tabbed in by autoindent, with (apparently) no way to stop this.  I tried
the obvious ^D's, but to no avail, even when lnext quoted.  Can anyone help?

EXAMPLES that do NOT work:

THIS (in .exrc):

set	autoindent
abbreviate	aaaaa	main(argc,argv)^M^Iint argc;^Mchar *argv[];^M^D{^M}

PRODUCES:
main(argc,argv)
	int argc;
	char *argv[];
	{
	}

adding additional ^D's, quoted or not, does not work.

We are running 4.1bsd on a VAX-11/780.
						-Todd Williams

|  Todd C. Williams			|  "Summer blonds		       |
|  ITT Defense Communications		|   revealing tan lines,	       |
|  Nutley, NJ				|   I'll make more moves than	       |
|  {decvax, et al.}!ittatc!dcdvaxb!tcw	|   ALLIED VAN LINES!"		       |
|  I love to receive e-mail from anyone!|     --from: "I wanna be a lifeguard" |
|					|			by BLOTTO      |