Multi-processor UNIX

Sanjay Tikku tikku at ginosko.UUCP
Wed Apr 26 15:22:17 AEST 1989

I am trying to do a comparative analysis of different UNIX (and look alikes)
versions and determine which one is the most suitable as a platform for
parallel processing work. I am thinking of either starting with SYSTEM V/BSD
version and changing it suitably for multi-processor work or starting out with
say Mach and then modify it appropriately to suit our needs here.

If anyone has any opinion or comments on this subject it will be really helpful.

I am specifically interested in knowing:

a) Any literature which compares SYSTEM V and BSD versions regarding their
   adaptability for multi-processor work.

b) Any literature on existing multi-processor systems like Mach compared
   to standard UNIX versions.

c) If anyone has strong recommendations based on this kind of work done by
   them.

Thanks in advance

sanjay
 Sanjay Tikku			| Voice:	         508-685-7200 ext. 123
 Sr. Software Engineer       	| FAX:                            508-685-4940
 SAMSUNG Software America, Inc. | Internet:               tikku at samsung.com
 Computing Systems Division     | UUCP:                  tikku at ginosko.UUCP
 One Corporate Drive            | CSNET:  samsung.com!tikku at Tektronix.CSNET
 Andover, MA 01810              | BITNET:  samsung.com!tikku at Psuvax1.BITNET