Questions on AIM Disk Tuner

Admin root at tijc02.uucp
Thu Mar 30 12:28:20 AEST 1989

I am currently operating a Vax 8600 with several CDC drives, as well as
other disk drives, under Unix V Release 2 Version 2 (soon to be release 3).
Due to file system sizes, concern has arisen over fragmentation.  Our current
method for disk compression requires the use of a spare drive, which limits
the size of file systems permitted due to space limitations on this spare.  I
have been looking into software for handling such fragmentation(and space
problems) by compressing files 'in place' through the use of main memory.
One such package, the Disk Tuner by AIM Technology, has come to my attention.
I have read that in the past, the package has had problems running under
Unix V, and I am interested in any information that can be provided, be it
information on the Tuner itself, your systems performance with the Tuner, or
suggestions as to other packages.  Please email to me and I will summarize.
Thanks in advance!
-------
Calvin Hayden :   UUCP -- mcnc!rti!tijc02!root
(615)461-2254
-------
Computers cannot do logic, I can do logic, therefore I am not a computer!
  -- Quote from old cartoon