Default .profile when creating logins under SCO Xenix

Grad at cup.portal.com Grad at cup.portal.com
Thu Mar 30 12:58:40 AEST 1989

I'm a relative newcomer to the Unix/Xenix environments, having taught myself
Unix on an otherwise abandoned 3B2 at work.  Anyway, I have installed SCO
Xenix on-site and have been unable to figure out two things.

First, when mkuser is used to add user accounts in SCO Xenix, a default
.profile is set up for them.  Where is this default file stored so I can
change it instead of having to customize .profile for every user?

Also, When you create a login with mkuser, it sends that user mail saying
"Welcome to Xenix."  Is there a way to disable that?

I'm sure the answers are as plain as the nose on my face.  Any assistance
would be appreciated.

          --->>> Graddy <<<---   (Grad at cup.portal.com)