Zilog Z8000 "ZEUS" C compiler variable arguments -- query

dag at per2.UUCP dag at per2.UUCP
Thu Mar 30 13:00:00 AEST 1989

I own a Zilog System 8000 Unix SysIII system which is based on a Z8001 chip.
The C compiler(s) that come(s) with the OS use(s) registers to pass parameters
which fit, the stack to hold the rest.  The printed documentation has a
section on how to write C functions which accept varargs (printf style)
but due to a troff problem (I suspect) some critical #defines are all
botched (they all #define to 0).  There is also an undocumented varargs.h
file in /usr/include, when I try to use this in the 'standard' way, I just
get core dumps.

This is a problem because much of the sources I get off the net (notably
News, Sendmail, ...) depend on vararg functions.  I patched up an alpha
version of News B 10.3 to get rid of all of these, but the work involved
is not worth it much of the time.  I would rather be able to modify just
the vararg'ed functions themselves.

Does anybody out there have a useable example, documentation, or anything
else that might be helpful that they could send me?

This article is crossposted to comp.unix.wizards and comp.sys.misc.  The
feed to my machine only passes comp.* and news.* to me, so followups should
be by mail or in comp.sys.misc.

		Thanks in advance --
				Daniel Glasser
---