Unix file fragmentation

calvin hayden cgh018 at tijc02.uucp
Thu Mar 30 12:14:39 AEST 1989

I am currently running AT&T Unix V Release 2 Version 2 (soon to be
release 3) on a Dec Vax 8600, supporting several drives via a UDA50
controller, as well as CDC 970 drives connected via controller and
Massbus.  The device drivers have been supplied by Uniq Digital
for the system, and are not 'standard'.  I am interested in any
information concerning the measurement of file system fragmentation
on such a system.  Ideally I would like to find a program that provides
good (and accurate) information on file fragmentation, along with source
code used to implement the monster.  Several months ago there was a
reply to a similar request, but I could never reach the person.
Answers, suggestions, prayers welcome.  This might be of general interest,
so I won't ask to have replies email'ed to me, just posted for the
curious and/or interested.  Thanks in advance!
-----
Calvin Hayden - Texas Instruments - Johnson City, TN. 37605
UUCP :   mcnc!rti!tijc02!root
Phone:   (615) 461-2254