searchpath

Dennis Vadura dvadura at watdragon.waterloo.edu
Thu Sep 7 00:18:30 AEST 1989

Ok, how do you get /bin/searchpath to put $HOME/bin FIRST in the searchpath
before other directories.  I want it searched first since I have replaced
some of the brain dead standard tools with slightly fixed versions of the
same standard tools, and want to still call them the same.  I want to use
searchpath to set the path so I can get the benefit of having the same
.login on the various machines.  The man page does not help, I know showpath
exists but can't figure out if it will do the trick since I can't find a
man page for it so I guess showpath does not exist!

Soooooo, Am I destined to not be able to override existing commands with
my own, hmmmmm?

-dennis