searchpath

Paul Frattaroli - Department of Computing Services pfratar at watdcsu.waterloo.edu
Thu Sep 7 03:51:49 AEST 1989

In article <16246 at watdragon.waterloo.edu> dvadura at watdragon.waterloo.edu (Dennis Vadura) writes:
>Ok, how do you get /bin/searchpath to put $HOME/bin FIRST in the searchpath
>before other directories.  I want it searched first since I have replaced
>
>-dennis
>--
>Death is an experience that is best    |Dennis  UUCP,BITNET:    dvadura at water
>shared.  [Lt. Worf]                    |Vadura  EDU,CDN,CSNET:  dvadura at waterloo
>================================================================================

Hi,
	I'm not sure about searchpath, but what you could try is aliasing
those commands to the ones in your directory.  For example,

	alias command '$HOME/bin/command'

Alias commands of this sort can be put in your .login file or .cshrc
( or .profile if you like Bourne ).  They will be evaluated and put in
the environment each time you logon.

OR....

You could edit your .login or .cshrc file ( which ever contains

	"set PATH= blah blah blah" )

and put "~/bin" first.

....Paul F