rlogin windows under X11

david Casperson dgcasperson at violet.waterloo.edu
Sat Sep 16 11:48:30 AEST 1989

When I rlogin in to watmum or violet from watcauchy using X11 xterm
windows the windows eventually go away, even if i do the EVIL stty
timeout 0 in the rlogin'd window.  Is there a timer somewhere
of which i am not aware and which i can set to stop my rlogin windows
from disappearing?

For what it's worth, my uninformed guess is that the cause of this
problem is in rlogin, or at least the way that rlogin interacts with X
windows, because other xterm windows started under the rlogin window
don't vanish.

                          --david