CSH,getenv,OPENLOOK???????

ACPS2924 at Ryerson.Ca ACPS2924 at Ryerson.Ca
Wed Apr 3 04:22:14 AEST 1991

This is my question.
We are running OPENLOOK on sparcstation 1's.
The question concerns the csh.
I have set up a variable called MOTD,the location of the message of the day
file for a utility in OPEN.
If in the cmdtool i echo $MOTD it finds it.
If however i use getenv in a C program to get MOTD it fails.....
I know you have to export it in sh but what do you have to do to set it
up in the csh.

The variable is set up in the .cshrc file.

Any suggestions would be most helpfull....

Peter
acps2924 at ryerson.ca ! Who is the  ! If plumbers designed toilets like
advisor1 at ryerson.ca ! user,pray,  ! software professionals design tools,
                    ! and who is  ! we'd be up to our knees in crap.
                    ! the used ?  !                 - Charles A. Rovira