mod.sources archive access

sources-request at genrad.UUCP sources-request at genrad.UUCP
Tue Jul 23 04:58:05 AEST 1985

Mod.sources:  Volume 2, Issue 17
Submitted by: john at genrad (John P. Nelson) [moderator]

In my previous article, I forgot to supply a mailing address for tapes.

John P. Nelson
GenRad   MS 96
37 Great Road
Bolton, MA 01740

uucp:

    {decvax,wjh12,masscomp,linus,mit-eddie}!genrad!john

To repeat:

Archive access is NOT automated, but to retrieve one or two files, I am willing
to send the file out via uucp mail.  If multiple modules are requested, then
I usually request a 9 track tape along with a self-addressed stamped mailer,
(along with a note explaining which sources are being requested) and I will
put the sources onto the tape in 1600bpi "tar" format.  Access is also
available via a uucp login if you are willing to dial in (contact me via
uucp mail for more details).

Note that I sometimes get backlogged, but if you send mail to me, and don't
get a reply in a reasonable time (two weeks?) then you can assume that either
I never recieved your note, or your reply got eaten.  (uucp mail is notoriously
unreliable!)  Also, if you expect a reply via uucp mail, PLEASE include a
return address starting at some well known site - especially if you are on
some local network that uses unusual addressing conventions.  More than once
I have not been able to reply (and the apparent source sitename was not
in the uucp map!)