mod.sources archive index

sources-request at genrad.UUCP sources-request at genrad.UUCP
Tue Jul 23 04:52:03 AEST 1985

Mod.sources:  Volume 2, Issue 17
Submitted by: john at genrad (John P. Nelson) [moderator]

Well, I'm afraid I have not kept very good records.  For any of the articles
posted to mod.sources before I started volume two, I only have a list of the
files and the Subject lines.  The best I can do is provide an alphabetically
sorted list.  Starting with Volume 2, I have kept much better records (mostly
because the process is automated), and can give the articles in chronological
order.

Anyway, here is a list of my archive of sources and the subject of each.
Both Volume 1 and Volume 2 (so far) are included.

Archive access is NOT automated, but to retrieve one or two files, I am willing
to send the file out via uucp mail.  If multiple modules are requested, then
I usually request a 9 track tape along with a self-addressed stamped mailer,
(along with a note explaining which sources are being requested) and I will
put the sources onto the tape in 1600bpi "tar" format.  Access is also
available via a uucp login if you are willing to dial in (contact me via
uucp mail for more details).

Note that I sometimes get backlogged, but if you send mail to me, and don't
get a reply in a reasonable time (two weeks?) then you can assume that either
I never recieved your note, or your reply got eaten.  (uucp mail is notoriously
unreliable!)  Also, if you expect a reply via uucp mail, PLEASE include a
return address starting at some well known site - especially if you are on
some local network that uses unusual addressing conventions.  More than once
I have not been able to reply (and the apparent source sitename was not
in the uucp map!)

Volume 1:

ANSI.C          Subject: Yacc and Lex for 11/12/84 draft of ANSI C
ANSI.bug        Subject: Small bug in ANSI C Yacc grammar
S5.uucpanz      Subject: uucpanz for System V
Smail           Subject: Smail - a smarter net mailer
UK-1.1/Intro    Subject: sendmail configuration UK-1.1
UK-1.1/Part1    Subject: UK-1.1 Sendmail Configuration Package. Part 1 of 3
UK-1.1/Part2    Subject: UK-1.1 Sendmail Configuration Package. Part 2 of 3
UK-1.1/Part3    Subject: UK-1.1 Sendmail Configuration Package. Part 3 of 3
V7.uucpanz      Subject: another uucp status program: uucpanz
Xlisp1          Subject: XLISP 1.4 part 1
Xlisp2          Subject: XLISP 1.4 part 2
Xlisp3          Subject: XLISP 1.4 part 3
Xlisp4          Subject: XLISP 1.4 part 4
bed             Subject: Bed version 1.0 (editor for binary files).
bourne/opart1   Subject: Bourne shell history + tilde + job control + more (Part 1 of 4)
bourne/part1    Subject: Bourne shell history + tilde + job control + more (Part 1 of 9)
bourne/part2    Subject: Bourne shell history + tilde + job control + more (Part 2 of 9)
bourne/part3    Subject: Bourne shell history + tilde + job control + more (Part 3 of 9)
bourne/part4    Subject: Bourne shell history + tilde + job control + more (Part 4 of 9)
bourne/part5    Subject: Bourne shell history + tilde + job control + more (Part 5 of 9)
bourne/part6    Subject: Bourne shell history + tilde + job control + more (Part 6 of 9)
bourne/part6.tail       Subject: Bourne shell (Part 6.5 of 9)
bourne/part7    Subject: Bourne shell history + tilde + job control + more (Part 7 of 9)
bourne/part8    Subject: Bourne shell history + tilde + job control + more (Part 8 of 9)
bourne/part9    Subject: Bourne shell history + tilde + job control + more (Part 9 of 9)
cforth/Part1    Subject: FORTH INTERPRETER IN C
cforth/Part2    Subject: FORTH INTERPRETER IN C
cforth/Part3    Subject: FORTH INTERPRETER IN C
cforth/Part3.tail
checkin         Subject: checkin: editor interface for RCS logs
checkin.bug     Subject: TO MODERATOR: There is a bug in checkin
compress        Subject: Compress release 3.0
cpg+mdep        Subject: cpg and mdep
cpg+mdep1       Subject: mdep patch #1
cpg+mdep2       Subject: cpg
cpp1            Subject: cpp1.arc
cpp2            Subject: cpp2.arc
cpp3            Subject: cpp3.arc
cshar           Subject: improved version of shar (shell archiver)
cshar2          Subject: C shar - improvements
cxref           Subject:  Cxref -- C cross referencer
diffc           Subject: contextual diff on Bell systems
dynamic         Subject: dynamic loading code for 4.2bsd
expire.8        Subject: Manual page for 2.10.2 expire(8)
getopt          Subject: public domain getopt(3)
lbgm            Subject: Newsgroup archiving - "lbgm"
lbgm.fix        Subject: Re: Newsgroup archiving - "lbgm" - IMPORTANT FIX
newshar         Subject: The Connoisseur's Shar, version 2
newsweed        Subject: Newsweed: a program to delete unwanted news articles
patch1.3        Subject: patch version 1.3
pcurses/fix1    Subject: A shell script and Makefile modification for Terminfo
pcurses/part1   Subject: Public domain Terminfo/Curses (part1 of 11)
pcurses/part10  Subject: Public domain Terminfo/Curses (part10 of 11)
pcurses/part11  Subject: Public domain Terminfo/Curses (part11 of 11)
pcurses/part2   Subject: Public domain Terminfo/Curses (part2 of 11)
pcurses/part3   Subject: Public domain Terminfo/Curses (part3 of 11)
pcurses/part4   Subject: Public domain Terminfo/Curses (part4 of 11)
pcurses/part5   Subject: Public domain Terminfo/Curses (part5 of 11)
pcurses/part6   Subject: Public domain Terminfo/Curses (part6 of 11)
pcurses/part7   Subject: Public domain Terminfo/Curses (part7 of 11)
pcurses/part8   Subject: Public domain Terminfo/Curses (part8 of 11)
pcurses/part9   Subject: Public domain Terminfo/Curses (part9 of 11)
readnews.1      Subject: Manual page for 2.10.2 readnews(1)
rfc_882         Subject: RFC 882 - Domain Names - Concepts and Facilities
rn/part0        Subject: rn 4.3 is unleashed on the world
rn/part1        Subject: rn version 4.3 (kit 1 of 9)
rn/part2        Subject: rn version 4.3 (kit 2 of 9)
rn/part3        Subject: rn version 4.3 (kit 3 of 9)
rn/part4        Subject: rn version 4.3 (kit 4 of 9)
rn/part5        Subject: rn version 4.3 (kit 5 of 9)
rn/part6        Subject: rn version 4.3 (kit 6 of 9)
rn/part7        Subject: rn version 4.3 (kit 7 of 9)
rn/part8        Subject: rn version 4.3 (kit 8 of 9)
rn/part9        Subject: rn version 4.3 (kit 9 of 9)
rpc/part1       Subject: Sun RPC part 1 of 10
rpc/part10      Subject: Sun RPC part 10 of 10
rpc/part2       Subject: Sun RPC part 2 of 10
rpc/part3       Subject: Sun RPC part 3 of 10
rpc/part4       Subject: Sun RPC part 4 of 10
rpc/part5       Subject: Sun RPC part 5 of 10
rpc/part6       Subject: Sun RPC part 6 of 10
rpc/part7       Subject: Sun RPC part 7 of 10
rpc/part8       Subject: Sun RPC part 8 of 10
rpc/part9       Subject: Sun RPC part 9 of 10
sendmail.cf     Subject: GaTech Sendmail configuration
uuque           Subject: uuque - a uuwizard's utility for uucp queue snooping
uuque.bug       Subject: Re: uuque - a uuwizard's utility
vnews.1         Subject: Manual page for 2.10.2 vnews(1)
vnews1          Subject: Vnews part 1
vnews2          Subject: Vnews part 2
vnews3          Subject: Vnews part 3
vnews4          Subject: Vnews part 4
vnews5          Subject: Vnews part 5
vnews6          Subject: Vnews part 6
vnews7          Subject: Vnews part 7
vstr            Subject: dynamic string package
xfernews        Subject: xfernews software
xref            Subject: a cross reference program

Mod.sources:  Volume 2:

Index    Title                                          Article-ID
-----    -----                                          ----------
1       "cpg revisited"                                 <899 at genrad.UUCP>
2       "update to smail"                               <903 at genrad.UUCP>
3       "Boyer-Moore based fgrep like program"          <933 at genrad.UUCP>
4       "much faster Boyer-Moore"                       <934 at genrad.UUCP>
5       "Diffs to tar to use a remote system's tape drive" <935 at genrad.UUCP>
6       "Software Tools in Pascal (Part 0 of 6)"        <936 at genrad.UUCP>
7       "Software Tools in Pascal (Part 1 of 6)"        <937 at genrad.UUCP>
8       "Software Tools in Pascal (Part 2 of 6)"        <939 at genrad.UUCP>
9       "Software Tools in Pascal (Part 3 of 6)"        <940 at genrad.UUCP>
10      "Software Tools in Pascal (Part 4 of 6)"        <941 at genrad.UUCP>
11      "Software Tools in Pascal (Part 5 of 6)"        <942 at genrad.UUCP>
12      "Software Tools in Pascal (Part 6 of 6)"        <943 at genrad.UUCP>
13      "Update to C shar (shell archiver)"             <944 at genrad.UUCP>
14      "bm version 1.1"                                <946 at genrad.UUCP>
15      "uuhosts (updated)"                             <947 at genrad.UUCP>
16      "software "kit" generation script"              <950 at genrad.UUCP>