Bouncey-Bouncey

thad at cup.portal.com thad at cup.portal.com
Sun Aug 28 20:29:16 AEST 1988

Seeing your mention about the 3B1 keyboard ($$$) just reminded me: CSS
(Computer Surplus Store; on Sycamore Drive in Milpitas, CA; 408/280-7814)
has some 20 (twenty) pallets FULL of brand-new but cosmetic-faulted 3B1
keyboards for $20 (twenty US$) each.

The difference between the 7300 and 3B1 keyboard seems to be solely the
presence of the writeable strip area above the function keys (on the 3B1
keyboard).

For $20, I purchased one as a spare (and it works perfectly; just a small
scratch on the side).

NOTE: some of the keyboards had damaged keytops, but from some over 200
to pick from, "good" keyboards can be found.

The "spare" I purchased had the date code 8639 (which was more recent
than the one that accompanied my 3B1) but does NOT have the bar code
strip on the underside; big deal!

Hope this helps.