Still need information about computer camps for handicapped child

Andy Pitts andy at rbdc.UUCP
Mon Jun 27 17:52:24 AEST 1988

This is a request for information about computer camps for a handicaped
child.  No one responded to my first posting so I am trying again.

There is a 14 year old child at Piedmont Dialysis Center (in Winston-Salem,
NC.) with kidney failure who wants very much to attend a computer camp this
summer.  I am also a patient there and one of the social workers came to me
and asked if I knew where any computer camps were being held this summer.
I promised to post some thing to the net and try to find out.  Since no one
responded to my first posting, I am trying again.  Surely someone out in net
land should have this information.  The local Make a Wish Foundation here is
willing to help fund this if a camp can be found.  The child is in
Winston-Salem, NC. so locations near here would be best, but any information
would be appreciated.  I realize there have been several postings to the
net recently requesting hardship money that have turned out to be hoaxs
and people may be reluctant to respond to postings of this nature.  But this
is not a hoax, no one wants any money, just information.

If you can provide any information about computer camps running this summer,
please respond to me directly because I don't subscribe to all these groups.
Or contact one of the social workers at:

Piedmont Dialysis Center Inc.
120 Miller Street
Winston-Salem, NC.  27104
919-721-1360

Thanks in advance for any help.
--
Andy Pitts andy at rbdc.UUCP  : "The giant Gorf was hit in  one eye  by a stone,
mtune  \                   : and that eye  turned  inward  so  that it looked