UNIX PC 7300 diags questions

Charles A. Sefranek cals at cals01.zone1.com
Tue Jun 28 21:15:26 AEST 1988

In article <364 at umn-d-ub.D.UMN.EDU> rhealey at ub.d.umn.edu (Rob Healey) writes:

>	1) Does anyone have a list of all the commands available under the
>	   "expert" mode of the diagnostics? i.e. type s4test at the
>	   user menu prompt. I puttsed a little but since I didn't know
>	   what I was doing I thought it best to back off.

	I determined these by trial and error, I DON'T have the hardware
manual (wish I could afford it !!). No garantees, but here goes:

			s4test Expert Commands (Enter ? for usage)

0,0	Memory Tests 1,2,3
0,1	Memory Test 1 - Address Connection Test
0,2	Memory Test 2 - Data Bus Test
0,3	Memory Test 3 - Random Pattern Test
0,4	Memory Test ??
0,5 -> 0,26 <No response>

1,0	MAP Translation Test, Subtests 1,2
1,1	MAP Translation Test, Subtest 1
1,2	MAP Translation Test, Subtest 2
1,3	MAP Translation Test, Subtest 3

3,0	Parity Test
3,1	Parity Test

4,0	60 Hz Clock Test

5,0	User I/O Interrupt Test
5,1	User I/O Interrupt Test - Subtest 1
5,2	User I/O Interrupt Test - Subtest 2

6,0	? <6 is the Hard Disk Test series>
6,1	Recal disk
6,2	Format Disk
6,3	?
6,4	Disk Read
6,5	Random seek test
6,6	Non-destructive surface test
6,7	?
6,8	Modify Bad Blocks table
6,9	?
6,10	?
6,11	?
6,12	Disk Information
6,13	?
6,14	?
6,15	?
6,16	Interactive test (Prompts >i ??)
6,17	?
6,18	?
6,19	?
6,20	?
6,21	?
6,22	?
6,23	DESTRUCTIVE surface test
6,24	Park disk heads
6,25	?

7,0	Diagnostics, Main Board, Revision & Build info

8,0	Floppy Disk Test
8,1	Recal floppy disk
8,2	Format floppy disk
8,3	?
8,4	Floppy read test
8,5	Random floppy seek test
8,6	Floppy nondestructive surface test
8,7	?
8,8	Modify floppy bad blocks (won't actually !)
8,9	?
8,10	?
8,11	?
8,12	Floppy information
8,13	?
8,14	?
8,15	?
8,16	Floppy Interactive test
8,17 -> 8,22 ?
8,23	Floppy DESTRUCTIVE surface test

9,0	Reboot system

10,0	MAP RAM Test - Subtests 1,2, and 3
10,1	MAP RAM Subtest 1 - Address Connection Test
10,2	MAP RAM Subtest 2 - Data Bus Test
10,3	MAP RAM Subtest 3 - Random Pattern Test

12,0	Page Protection Test - Subtests 1,2,3, and 4
12,1	Page Protection Subtest 1 - CPU accessing invalid test
12,2	Page Protection Subtest 2 - User's accessing below 512K
12,3	Page Protection Subtest 3 - User's writing to disabled page
12,4	Page Protection Subtest 4 - DMA to invalid page

13,0	Printer Tests
13,1	Printer Status Test
13,2	Printer Transfer Test

14,0	Memory Test
14,1	--\
14,2	   >- Seems to be repeat of 0,0 -> 0,3
14,3	--/

15,0	Video Test
15,1 -> 15,9 More video tests !!!

16,1	Interactive Dialer DTMF Test
16,2	Interactive Dialer Pulse Test
16,3	Dialer/Telephony Test
16,4	Pulse/Telephony Test
16,5	?
16,6	Auto Answer Test

17,1	Modem Test - Self test @ 300/1200 baud
17,2	Modem Test - Data xfer @ 300/1200 baud

18,0	Keyboard and Mouse Test
18,1	Keyboard Test
18,2	Keyboard with Mouse test
18,3	Mouse Test
18,4	Real Time Clock Test
18,5	Read/Write Test
18,6	Operation Test
18,7	Interactive Test

(I was getting pretty tired by this time)
If anyone can correct or add to this list please post or let me know.
Also if anyone has the hardware manual, could you shed some light on the
questionable areas?? Just how many valid commands ARE there anyway ??

--
   	Charlie Sefranek		      c4s at rayssdb.ray.com   (Work)
					    cals at cals01.zone1.com   (Home)

   	Charlie Sefranek		      c4s at rayssdb.ray.com   (Work)
					    cals at cals01.zone1.com   (Home)
	{sun,cb-att,decuac,gatech,necntc,ukma}!rayssd!rayssdb!c4s   (Work)
{sun,cb-att,decuac,gatech,necntc,ukma}!rayssd!galaxia!cals01!cals   (Home)