#class and asm() for UNIXpc

John B. Milton jbm at uncle.UUCP
Mon Jun 20 17:11:43 AEST 1988

While goofing around looking for other things, I ran across some # lines
for cpp that I haven't seen before:

#class
#ident
#mc68k "file"

The #class tries to run /lib/cpre, which is, I assume a c++ preprocessor.
I don't know what the #ident does. I can't figure out what the #mc68k does,
but it wants a file.

Another fun one: I ran across the file /usr/include/sys/spl.h, which cleanly
shows how to use that nasty asm("inst"); statement.

Is any of this weird stuff properly documented in anything mortals can get
ahold of?

John
--
John Bly Milton IV, jbm at uncle.UUCP, {ihnp4|osu-cis}!n8emr!uncle!jbm
home: (614) 294-4823, work: (614) 459-7641; talk to me about fractals