termcap entry for Commodore C64 needed..

j eric townsend erict at flatline.UUCP
Sun Jun 12 11:05:07 AEST 1988

I'm preparing to set my C64 up as a color workstation :-) off of a
AT&T UNIX-PC/3b1 running ver 3.0 unix.  I'll be hardwiring
the two together, and running them at the max possible speed.
The endgoal is to have the C64 running as a color terminal of sorts...
Also, I'm going to play with having the 3b1 numbercrunch graphics for
the C64, ship them over at a (relatively) high speed, and display
them in pseudo realtime.  (We all gotta dream, right? :-)

Does anyone out there have a termcap entry for the C64, that works
well?

Also, what's the highest speed you've run a hardwired rs232-rs232
C64?

I'll post the pinouts I used on the C64 along with the quick and
dirty I/O routines for the C64 to run it both as a terminal and as
a video display.

Maybe I should try writing a /dev/C64 for the UNIX-PC?  Would that
be signifigantly faster than termcap?  Would it be worth the time...
--
                                Know Future
Skate UNIX or go home, boogie boy...