BSD stuff --> libndir and libdbm

Charlie Root root at rocky.cs.wisc.edu.CS.WISC.EDU
Tue Jun 14 04:56:29 AEST 1988

As for libndir, there was a public domain implementaion of the directory
routines posted to comp.sources.unix a long time ago.  You can ftp it from
j.cc.purdue.edu.  UUCP access through uunet.uu.net.

I havn't seen a public domain impl. of libdbm.  I think that it is avail.
from AT&T.  If you try and port it from BSD sources, there is a problem
with when a database goes past one disk page.  Turns out there is a call
to bcopy, and memcopy, (and for that manor Wollengong's implementation of
BCOPY) does not handle it correctly.  A simple substitution is easy to whip
up.

Jonathan Sadler
Computing Systems Lab (CSL)
University of Wisconsin - Madison