UNIX-pc Expectations (Was Re: More weirdness)

Darrel R. Carver usenet at bsadrc.UUCP
Wed Jun 29 11:13:01 AEST 1988

In article <150 at limbic.UUCP> gil at limbic.UUCP (Gil Kloepfer Jr.) writes:
[ Deleted ]

>Side note -- as I said in my last posting -- I think that many of the problems
>in the UNIX pc are SOFTWARE related.  I know there are folks at AT&T who read
>this group...  Being someone who works for a company that does software
>development, I know that certain things can't be fixed because company policy
>and/or admin.($$) prohibits it.  However, there is a very large group of UNIX pc
>users out here, and I think AT&T should begin to consider a better support
>maintenance/development?  I have a definite interest in this kind of
>arrangement.

I was wondering, what if we tried going after this point through convergent?
Since they built the machine, it would seem that they have to have the
software and licences too.  Possibly they would be easier to deal with.

I am aware that companies find it poor practice to support a product that
they no longer produce... however, if I had bought mine at full price (which I
thought was a good deal) I would be more than a little pissed off right
now.

On a side note (according to last weeks Infoworld) Sun is starting to find
just how hard it is to work with a big company (such as AT&T).  It will
be interesting to se how this impacts their current arrangement...
--
Darrel R. Carver		USENET: uunet!bsadrc!drc    ATTMAIL: dcarver
BearWare Software Associates	"Bring the whole family... but leave the