Crossposting within unix-pc.*

Mike Levin mml at magnus.UUCP
Wed Jun 29 13:41:39 AEST 1988

It seems to me that crossposting has become the reason that a lot of
folks have to read through a lot of stuff on the net.  And that's OK,
since there are some 200+ groups on usenet.  But, this little sub-net,
unix-pc.*, is entirely for folks who share a common interest.  Therefore,
when I see articles cross-posted within this very group, I find it annoying.

I'm not trying to flame anybody, but merely to *humbly* suggest that (unless
I'm wrong, and there are folks out there who read unix-pc.general but *not*
unix-pc.uucp, etc) it would be more *elegant* to not cross-post *within* this
little group.

One other thought.  Unix-pc.sources might be a good place to post sources,
but it might be a good idea to see if somebody out there might want to actually
moderate it.  That way, we could have a central repository of information
(somebody with the charisma of Rich $alz).  Just a thought.

					Mike Levin

--
+---+  P L E A S E    R E S P O N D   T O: +---+  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *