GNU C, GNU g++ & 2400 baud microcom

Alex S. Crain alex at umbc3.UMD.EDU
Tue Jun 14 03:23:01 AEST 1988

In article <1118 at unisec.usi.com> dpw at unisec.usi.com (Darryl P. Wagoner) writes:
>Greetings,
>
>I have two questions, first what changes are need to get the gnu cc to
>working on the Unix PC? (ex: ld, shared library & config files).  I know
>this is a repeat issue but I didn't have a interest until I got g++.  BTW
>I have version 1.22 of GCC.

	I ported gcc-1.18 to work on the unixpc, and was working on 1.22
until I found the last bug in the assembler and got so disgusted that I gave
up. It is my opinion that the unixpc assembler is too stupid to cope with
gcc past v1.18, although I think that some others are working on keeping things
up to date.

	I will spend the summer (or less) porting gnu ld & as so that there
will be a decent assembler for this box. In the meantime, I still have diffs
for gcc-1.18, and well send them out to anyone interested.

BTW: I use gcc-1.18 as my default compiler because I find it superior to
/bin/cc even without debugging support. (I will recompile w/ cc if I really
need sdb)

--
					:alex.

nerwin!alex at umbc3.umd.edu