Using PCOMM

Kevin O'Gorman kevin at kosman.UUCP
Tue Jun 21 11:17:48 AEST 1988

HELP!!

I cannot get PCOMM to work with my external Telebit Trailblazer Plus.
I think I have things set up right, but it acts really strange.

If I try to use one of the dialer menu entries, it goes off-hook and
never dials anything, but waits for a connect.

If I try to dial manually, it dials okay and the modem connects, but
PCOMM never sees that the connection has happened.

I am not real surprised, because I don't see the things that I need
to get set up.

I run with the interface locked at 9600 baud, regardless of the speed
of the connection.  This is important for my uucp connections, and is
not something I can afford to change.  I have the dialer entry for
my target system set for 9600, because that's how it should look to
pcomm.

I have the connect messages set up the way I think they should be.  In
this particular case what's important is the CONNECT 1200 message.
It comes in okay using 'cu'.

Any ideas what's wrong?  At this point, running HDB, I am unable to
get PCOMM or ATE working on this line, and cu won't capture my conversations,
which is *real* important to what I'm doing.

HELP!!!