Using PCOMM

Andy Pitts andy at rbdc.UUCP
Wed Jun 22 07:23:05 AEST 1988

In article <417 at kosman.UUCP>, kevin at kosman.UUCP (Kevin O'Gorman) writes:
> HELP!!
>
> I cannot get PCOMM to work with my external Telebit Trailblazer Plus.
> I think I have things set up right, but it acts really strange.
>
> If I try to use one of the dialer menu entries, it goes off-hook and
> never dials anything, but waits for a connect.
>
> If I try to dial manually, it dials okay and the modem connects, but
> PCOMM never sees that the connection has happened.
> [...]
> HELP!!!

It works for me.  Have you installed all the patches to pcomm?  One of them
(I think patch 2) fixes a bug that prevents pcomm from sending the dial string
to an external modem.  There is also a fix in one of tha patches that sets
the line to CLOCAL so you can send characters to the modem if DCD is low.

If you have installed the patches, try this modem setup:

Modem init string ....     AAAAAT!AT!AT!ATS0=0S2=43S95=0M1!
			   ^			 ^ Don't forget the CR.
                           The A's make it autobaud.  The AT's make sure uugetty
			      lets go of the line (if you are running HDB).
Dialing command ......     ATDTW
				^  No CR here.
Dialing cmd suffix ...     !
Hang up string .......     ~~+++~~ATH!
300 baud connect .....     CONNECT 300
1200 Baud connect ....     CONNECT 1200
2400 baud connect ....     CONNECT 2400
9600 baud connect ....     CONNECT FAST
No connect string 1 ..     NO CARRIER
No connect string 2 ..     ERROR
No connect string 3 ..     BUSY

I hope this helps.

--
Andy Pitts andy at rbdc.UUCP  : "The giant Gorf was hit in  one eye  by a stone,
mtune  \                   : and that eye  turned  inward  so  that it looked