GNU C

Karl Kleinpaste karl at triceratops.cis.ohio-state.edu
Thu Jun 30 01:15:20 AEST 1988

Joe_E_Powell at cup.portal.com writes:
   After hearing all this talk about the Gcc compiler, I have still not seen
   it available anywhere on the Net.  Would someone be kind enough to post it
   to this newsgroup (unix-pc)?

No.  GCC is huge.  The compressed distribution tar file is 1.7Mb long.
You can get it from a number of places, though.  If you're on the
Internet, just ftp it from prep.ai.mit.edu.  If you have only UUCP
available, check the instructions for getting to osu-cis via anonymous
UUCP which were last posted to comp.sources.d on 7 June, due to expire
19 July unless I re-issue with a Supersedes: header.  Its Message-ID:
<15236 at tut.cis.ohio-state.edu>.  It'll cost you a couple hours' long
distance phone time, but it's yours for the taking.

There are other places to get it, but for obvious reasons, I don't
keep track of the rest of them.

--Karl